When this time of year arrives in which vacations have played havoc with the hair of my clients, I often hear that they need to clean their hair but, of course, “without cutting” . They also do not have time to come to the classroom since the work and the return to the school of the children prevents them from taking time for them. It is time to look for effective solutions.
CAN DAMAGED HAIR BE REPAIRED WITHOUT CUTTING?
When the hair loses its natural protein, the cuticle breaks and, consequently, the hair looks brittle and weakened. Hair treatments have advanced a lot, to the point of being able to repair almost all types of hair. In a single session you can get a burnt hair stop splitting, an advance that until recently was an impossible mission.
At the moment, these treatments can only be found in salons specialized in hair care , since you need a specialist, who does it correctly. The good news is that, unless it is 100% burned and nothing can save it, everything has a solution.
HOW TO CARE FOR DAMAGED HAIR AT HOME
Sometimes the simplest gestures will be those that return your mane to life:
- Always choose a repair line: they are perfect for cleaning hair and returning it to its most optimal state.
- Bet on natural products: avoid the brands that carry many silicones, because they give you a false sensation of healthy hair. The most natural products do not usually contain sulfates or parabens and are more easily introduced into the hair.
HOW TO REPAIR BURNED HAIR AT HOME
A burnt hair feels very hard and rough to the touch, this happens because it has lost the natural protein that is inside, becoming extremely dry and dehydrated, the very open ends split as soon as you touch them.
- We will start with a specific intensive night treatment that we will apply to all the hair and that will help to repair the hair at night.
- In the morning before washing, comb it with a brush that does not break your hair .
- Next, wash it with restore a cleansing conditioner with proteins and amino acids that has an almost miraculous ability to repair burned hair.
MISTAKES YOU SHOULD AVOID TO RECOVER YOUR HEALTHY HAIR
The secret to a healthy hair is to restore the elasticity, strength and hydration that it has lost. For it:
- Do not wash your hair often. You should know that one of the things that are discouraged when you have damaged hair is to wash it very often because of its fragility. When you do, use shampoos / conditioners that do not carry detergent because they do not foam, they can be used almost daily without problem.
- Do not untangle your hair with a comb. Do not even think about using the comb to untangle your hair or it will split. Use your fingers, as they are the best comb and the least aggressive when the hair is so damaged.
- Do not forget to nourish the hair with special treatments. After washing, use a restorative cream or serum of the same range once the hair has cooled.
- Do not use gums to collect the hair. At least until you notice that the hair no longer breaks.
- Do not use thermal tools for a while. To return to having a healthy hair again you must put aside the thermal tools: dry the hair with an ionic dryer and a medium / low temperature.
With these tips you will notice the improvement of your hair in a few days. When you have managed to repair it completely, you can change to a more hydrating or nourishing line (shampoo + conditioner) but I recommend that you use the repair line once a week using a mask.
THE SECRET TO SHOWING OFF IS …
Despite having incredible treatments to recover damaged hair, all professionals agree that to have healthy hair you have to cut it every 3 months . Further. Most hair that look like a peel has a secret much simpler than you think: they use a shampoo and conditioner that suits their hair needs.