Homemade pretzels are by far one of the most desired snacks to make within the comfort of home. It is a food that offers a certain degree of difficulty when making. Following the steps is not difficult to get this bread baked. To finish correctly you must give the pretzels a bow shape , because it is the way they are recognized.
Despite being a protein-containing food, sugar gives us an extensive amount of carbohydrates without fats to the body. Among the main nutrients found in brown sugar are vitamins B3, B4, B6 and B9. In addition, the brown sugar is also an excellent source of minerals such as potassium, iron, phosphorus, iodine and zinc. These nutritional properties make this ingredient a healthier method for all those people who want to sweeten their food.
- 200 ml of warm water
- Two tablespoons of yeast
- 300 grams of wheat flour
- A spoonful of white sugar
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 10 grams of baking soda
- Two tablespoons of brown sugar
- A large egg
- Coarse salt
How to prepare homemade pretzels:
1.To begin the recipe correctly, pour the lukewarm water along with the yeast into a bowl and let it rest for a few minutes.
2. Next, mix both ingredients until they dissolve and integrate perfectly.
3. Then add the flour together with the sugar and salt , stirring until you get a floury mass without lumps.
4. After this, put the dough inside the blender and mix for four minutes at a medium speed.
5. If you have very soft dough, add a little more wheat flour. This dough will be ready when it is soft and viscous.
6. Subsequently, grease a large enough container and place the dough inside it.
7. Once inside, cover with a clean kitchen towel and let it rest for at least an hour and a half.
8. After this time, flour a work surface and place the dough on it, then dividing into small pieces to work more easily.
9. Each piece of dough should be extended in thin forms with the help of hands, being approximately 40 cm long.
10. When all the sticks are ready, make the shape of the pretzels and place them on a baking sheet previously greased and floured.
11. Then let stand for 25 minutes with the pretzels covered so that they ferment a little and go preheating the oven to 200 ° C in the meantime.
12. After this time, insert the homemade pretzels for 30 seconds into a pot previously prepared with boiling water, baking soda and brown sugar.
13. After this place the pretzels inside the mold, paint them with a mixture of beaten egg and sprinkle them with salt.
14. Finally, bake for 10 or 15 minutes and serve to taste.