Have you heard about mamey oil and its benefits for facial hair? Currently, one of the most followed beauty trends for men is to wear a long and pretty leafy beard. However, even though this type of beard may look sloppy, it is very important to keep it clean and maintained. For this, it is very important to use some products for facial hair such as mamey bone oil.
Mamey oil comes from the bones of some fruit of a tree originally from Central America known as Mamey or with the scientific name of Pouteria sapota . Due to its richness in different healthy nutrients, this product has become a natural remedy widely used in the world of cosmetics. Therefore, in the following article we will explain some of its properties and how to apply mamey bone oil to the beard .
Properties of mamey bone oil for facial hair
As we have anticipated, mamey bone oil is a remedy that is becoming increasingly popular in the world of cosmetics and personal care because it has different nutrients among which its high content of vitamins (A, B1, B3 and C), fatty and mineral acids (magnesium, calcium and potassium). Thanks to them, these are the main properties of mamey bone oil for beard care :
- It helps to grow facial hair: if you are one of those who have a sparse beard and would like to have it thicker, this oily product is a great option for you. Due to its content of vitamin C, the oil has properties that favor the production of collagen in a way that accelerates hair growth.
- It is a natural moisturizer: one of the most common problems of men with beards is the dryness of hair on the face. In this case, mamey oil contains a richness in fatty acids, which gives excellent moisturizing properties that will help the hair to maintain its moisture. As a result, we will avoid the dryness and other symptoms derived as the itching and the appearance of scales and in addition, we will show a softer and silky beard.
- Prevents dandruff in the beard: another problem that usually arises when you do not take care of your beard is dandruff . The bone oil of mamey is an ideal remedy for this type of affections, since it has a powerful astringent effect that helps to keep facial hair cleaner and, therefore, to reduce dandruff. In addition, it also relieves some symptoms that accompany this condition such as itching and inflammation.
- Repairs damaged hair: due to its content of fatty acids and antioxidants, this product prevents hair loss and helps regenerate and nourish hair that is damaged or punished.
How to apply mamey bone oil to the beard – step by step
We have already seen that this natural product can be an excellent option for the care of facial hair due to its diverse properties. Therefore, if you want to know how to use mamey bone oil in your beard , we recommend you follow this simple step by step:
- Before applying mamey bone oil it is important that we thoroughly clean the beard so that this product penetrates better into the skin.
- To do this, apply some specific shampoo for beards on your hands and spread it by doing a light massage.
- Now let it act a few minutes and then rinse it with plenty of warm water. Dry your beard a little with a soft towel.
- Once you have your beard completely clean and still a little damp, apply some mamey bone oil on the tips of your fingers and massage gently for a few minutes to penetrate the skin better.
- In the case that you use it to grow more hair, it is important that you make more emphasis during the massage in less populated areas of the face.
- Once you have covered your beard with the oil it will be time to go to bed and let it act all night.
- The next morning you will have to remove the remains of this oily product with plenty of cold water.
Do this process between 2 and 3 times a week at night.
Other natural oils for the care of the beard
In addition to mamey bone oil, there are also other natural oils for the beard that can be very beneficial. Next, we will give you a list with the most popular:
- Jojoba oil: this product has fatty acids and antioxidants that give excellent repairing and astringent properties, so it is especially useful for those dry beards or dandruff problems.
- Grapeseed oil: this product is ideal for the most sensitive faces as well as for oily skin. Grape oil has fatty acids and vitamin E that give it moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties that keep hair clean and avoid the dryness and redness typical of atopic skin.
- Almond oil: if you have a dry beard, without shine and with split ends due to lack of moisture, this product is the best option for you. Thanks to its richness in antioxidants and essential acids, almond oil has a powerful moisturizing effect that will help you deeply hydrate your beard and leave it much softer and silky.